Recipe by: Megan Olson
Grab a bowl and dive into this Turmeric Coconut Ice Cream. It’s made with cashews and pecans!
1 14-ounce can coconut milk
½ of a 14-ounce can coconut cream (or ½ cup coconut milk or coconut yogurt)
1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
3 T raw pecans (and as many other pecans as desired for topping)
¼ cup maple syrup
2 t turmeric
1 t cinnamon
½ t ground ginger
¼ t cardamom
1. Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight (or until soggy—a minimum of 2 hours).
2. Once the cashews are ready, layer a standard meatloaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the ends to hang over the sides. Place in the freezer while preparing the ice cream.
3. Drain cashews, and add them to a blender or food processor—along with all the other ingredients.
4. Process on high until pecans and cashews are broken down and everything is fully combined.
5. Remove the prepared pan from the freezer, and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan.
6. Place in the freezer overnight to harden. Be sure to place the pan on a flat surface, so it hardens evenly.
7. The next day, remove from the freezer. Top with more pecans, and serve!
If you have an ice cream maker, you can definitely use it for this recipe. It will make the ice cream even creamier and thicker. You can also make this recipe without the cashews and pecans, but it will be less creamy.